So we moved on Thursday and even though it wasn't a lot of stuff, it sure made me tired. It could be that we have 5 flights of stairs in the new house and hauling suitcases up and down wore me out. But, we are settled now and like the new house much better than the old. Happy to be here, it feels more homey to me.
This weekend was District Conference and we headed to Guangzhou pronounced gwangshow. It took us about 2 hours to drive there and we followed our neighbors the Farnsworths because they had been there before. It was a very different experience. We stayed at a Hotel and had girls from the ward babysit while we went to dinner and to the adult session of conference. We just chose a random Chinese place for dinner, but it ended up having really good food. There are some members in the branch that spoke Mandarin from their missions and they helped tremendously in ordering our food. The next day we headed to the Ramada Inn for our conference. It was all in English and the parts that I was able to hear over my kiddo's was great!
On our way home we were about an hour into the trip and Maddie decides she really really really needs to go to the bathroom. We were trying to figure out a way to tell our driver who speaks no English that we need to stop. We thought we got the message through, but he never stopped, so then we called our friends and they had their driver speak to our driver. I don't know what he said but all of the sudden our driver sped up and started driving like his life depended on it......... we were weaving in and out of traffic and I couldn't tell exactly how fast we were going because it was in kl but it said 140 kl whatever that is. First I told all the kids to make sure there seat belts were on tight and then we started to laugh. Danny and I thought that instead of stopping he (James) was trying to get home super quickly. We were almost home and then he pulls over at a "Rest Area". I highly recommend never, never, never stopping at one of these places. Of course since Maddie was a girl and Mommy is a girl, I was the one to had to take her in. For all of those who know me well.....I don't do bathrooms! Especially public ones. And these were the squatter ones.......you know where there's just a hole in the floor.... Yuck. There was never enough hand sanitizer or wipes made to combat these places.
Anyway, I know this is getting lenghty, but I just wanted to share one more thing. The kids have been playing outside a lot here, because that's just what you do and it's warm. We haven't been really good about putting on the bug spray so they have there fair share of mosquito and bug bites. Well Mad got some kind of bite on here little thigh and it just got bigger and bigger and bigger. Finally when we were at district conference I decided to draw a line around it to see if it was spreading and how much. I checked it a few hours later and it was still getting bigger, so when we got home from conference I called down to the clinic by our house and asked them to take a look at it. Danny took her down and it was some kind of bug bite but had a bunch of infection in it. They put her on antibiotics and gave her some cream for the itch.......... I took a picture and will post it when I get it downloaded........ it was huge! Poor thing!



I am a fan of your new boggy! I will add you to my favs right now! I can't wait to see pics and chat with you soon. You are all in our prayers. xxoo, kris
ReplyDelete