Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hong Kong Excursion



On Saturday we took our first "Family Trip" outside of China. Danny had to buy a suit for a meeting he has next week but our shipment is being held and wouldn't be released in time (long story), so Hong Kong was the closest place to find suits that would fit him. So, we loaded up the family and drove across the bridge to Hong Kong. It is such an amazing city! We went to the Harbor City Mall on the Kowloon side of Victoria's Harbor. Just for the record to go anywhere in Hong Kong on a Saturday is almost suicide, but to do it with four children who all like to go different directions at the same time...........ummmmm (what were we thinking). :-) We stopped at a few different stores who were asking 2,000 dollars for a suit.....kept on walking. We found one in our price range that was a little too shiny and pimp daddyish for Danny. Soon after we found one that he liked and that fit him, and that was in our price range. Score!!! Stopped for some "New York Style French Fry's", and then headed up to the top of Victoria's Peak. I don't know much about the Peak, but they have tram rides up the mountain and then lots of restaurants and tourist things at the top. We didn't opt for the tram because it was actually freezing that day and very rainy and overcast. We decided to ride the tram another day when the view is spectacular and we can see clearly. Instead our driver took us up to the top and dropped us off. We walked around a little and found a great restaurant for dinner.......Bubba Gumps. Very good food that all had to do with the movie Forest Gump. The restaurant has amazing views of Hong Kong.......very fun. We then took a few pictures and headed home. Had a great time even though I was exhausted by the end. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Are you having fun? We really miss you. NY Style French Fries~ sounds delish. Tell the kids to email us! xx, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everybody! Just wanted to say "thanks Kris" for helping me post a comment. And to let you know I know how to do it now. I need more pictures Molly. You should be able to e-mail them, right? Love you all tons! Gma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Grandma! I'm so proud of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I was digging through my email for some primary stuff and just found the email with the link to your blog. Oops. No worries, I will now be stalking your blog religously and living vicariously through you. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing at the fact that you were in Hong Kong and ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., an American chain restaurant? That's like going to McDonald's when you're in Rome or Paris.

    But I guess since you're living there, it's probably nice to get some American food every once in a while. And Bubba Gumps does have some very tasty food. Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete