Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Locked Out

The other day Riley closed the door to the laundry room/Brigham's bedroom. This room is huge, that is why we decided to have Brigham stay there, plus he loves that he just throws his clothes right into the laundry piles.....bonus! Anyway, all the doors in our house have keys, and I mean all of them. We have keys everywhere. So in order for me to keep them away from the kiddo's I have put them on top of all the door frames. They are very high and the kids can't get them. Well when Riley closed Brigham's door, for some reason the lock had been turned on the back of the door and it was locked. I thought no big deal, I'll just get the keys. I searched all over for the keys, only to realize that they were on the inside of the laundry room. I tried everything I could think of to get the door unlocked. By the way it doesn't help to look up on the Internet how to unlock a locked door. I figured that eventually I would be able to figure something out so I didn't call anyone. Meanwhile I had a load of laundry in and all of Brigham's clothes and shoes were in there. I still hadn't figured anything out when Danny came home from work and because it was late he said, you need to just call the management company. So the next day I called the management company and they told me they would have to call in someone from the outside to either get the door unlocked or to make new keys for it. About 20 minutes later the door bell rang and they were there. They got out all there little tools and 5 minutes later the door was unlocked. Now back in the states it would have taken 1/2 a day to get to the house and then been at least $25.00 for the service call and then who knows how much to unlock the door. Here .... only 50 RMB, that's about $7.18! Living in China definitely has some advantages! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment